
Who can blame her? That dress, which is called a hambok, can be pretty itchy. My parents have pictures of me, around Maddie's age, in a hambok crying. I hated wearing them as a kid. Plus, it was so chaotic with all the hustle and bustle of the party.
Tim and I were so blessed by everyone's well wishes and generosity. Maddie got lots of cute clothes, fun toys, and money that will go towards her education. I jokingly told Tim that we should take a vacation with the money. But don't worry! We won't! :o)
It is a tradition during a dol for the birthday girl or boy to choose an item from a tray. The tray usually has a pencil, a book, money, some string, and a bowl of rice. The pencil represents being artistic, the book represents being academic, the money represents wealth, the string represents long life, and the bowl of rice means that you will never go hungry. Maddie chose the $100 bill three different times. She chose it two times while I was trying to set the tray up and again during the official try. What can I say? Like mother, like daughter. :o)

Here are a couple other photos.


We will post the rest on snapfish once I get all the photos on the computer. Shoot me an email or post a comment if you are interested in seeing the full album of her party.
1 comment:
Happy birthday Maddie! Sorry we weren't able to be at your party.
Love,
"Auntie" Janice & "Uncle" Matt :)
Post a Comment