
Then, we went trick or treating this past Sunday in my friend Hannah's neighborhood with her son, Caleb. It was so fun to see all the kiddies in their cute costumes. Caleb was Diego, who is Dora's cousin. If you don't know who Dora is... well... you're out of the loop. :o)

We know she can't eat candy yet but we enjoyed having her go trick or treating. She loved to take all the candy out of her bag and then put it back in. Sometimes she would get so fascinated by one specific thing that she would just throw her pumpkin on the floor.

Maddie doesn't know how to ring a doorbell so sometimes she would just pound on the door.


And one really nice lady gave her something she could actually eat... goldfish!

And here's one of our family.

On the actual day of Halloween, we went to the doctor for Maddie's 15 month check up. The poor chicken had to get 3 shots, 2 vaccinations and 1 flu shot. She has a large but not too large head, she is average in height, but she is on the skinny side. The doctor said that he'll give her until the next appointment, which is in 3 months, before they do some bloodwork on her. The doctor thinks that she is ok since she is growing and is doing well developmentally. But she is in the 5th percentile for weight. So I have to fatten my chicken up before the next appointment so I can spare her the poking and prodding. Any suggestions? Some friends and the doctor recommended adding butter to most things, like her bread and oatmeal. She doesn't want to eat yogurt anymore either. I am trying to get her to drink the pediasure but she doesn't seem to want it. Everytime I give it to her, she takes one sip and then throws it on the floor. I also tried some rice pudding but she gagged on it, which made her throw up. Yuck! I'm going to try ice cream too. I would love some advice!
Moving on... Later, we went to the mall with some friends and did a little trick or treating there. Then it was off to visit Daddy at work and meet some of his co-workers. Maddie was so tired that she passed out in the car on the way home.
We had so many trick-or-treaters this year. Last year, we had around 6 and this year we had over 60 kids! There were so many cutie pies! But there were also some punk kids. They didn't even get dressed up or say "trick or treat". Some of these kids showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt, rang the door bell and opened up their bags... without even a thank you! And some of them asked, "How many can we take?" Unbelievable. I should spit in their bags. Just kidding. :o) But seriously, that is so bad.
Anyway, then Maddie and I walked around our neighborhood with our next door neighbors and their little guy, John. John was a devil... but a very cute little devil. :o) Needless to say, Maddie slept very well that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment