Wednesday, June 07, 2006
My fault
Oh my goodness! I can't believe what I did. I went to open our Apple Powerbook G4 laptop and I must have opened it with too much force. I broke the hinge on it and guy at Apple said that it would cost us about $700 to repair it. For just the hinge! How insane is that? The computer itself is fine and so is the monitor. All we need fixed is the hinge and it would cost us that much! So of course we weren't going to spend that much on a 3 year old laptop, which is considered obsolete in the technology world. We bought a new computer, an iMac. We decided not to get another laptop since we use the computer a lot. We didn't want to have to possibly replace our new laptop in another 3 years. This way we don't have to deal with the whole hinge issue. The guy at the Apple store said that could happen with laptops since you flip the lid so much. So it will stink that we will lose the portabillity of the laptop but we get 3 times the memory on the hard drive. So anyway, here is where I will be blogging from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment