Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fun day at the museum

We went to the Museum of Science and Industry today with 3 other moms and their kids. Maddie just loved the exhibit on DNA. Just kidding! Now why in the world would I take my 10 month old daughter to a science museum you ask? Because it was free! :o) Thursdays are a free day at the museum and I think it was the last free day until the school year starts. Hannah, Julia, Kristi, and I live WAY FAR north. It took us over an hour to get down to the museum, which is near the south part of Chicago, and it took over two hours to get back home in traffic. But it was worth it. Maddie had fun people watching and I had fun chatting with the girls. And the kids had fun hopping around. Here they are at the farm area. One child is missing in the photo.



I haven't been to the museum since I used to teach in the city and we would go there for field trips. There have been so many changes since then. But one of the things that hasn't changed, even since I was just a kid, is the baby chick incubator. It was so neat to watch little chicks hatch and get acquainted with their new environment.



Maddie was so tired that she passed out in her stroller at the museum.



And the others passed out on the way home.

No comments: