Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Life these past few weeks

It's crazy how fast time goes by. I can't believe that it has almost been a month since my last post. Things got so chaotic around here getting ready for Christmas. I was so busy buying gifts, wrapping the gifts, baking cookies, sending out Christmas cards, and whatever else. I need to make a promise to myself to take things easier next Christmas. But even though it was hectic, I enjoyed getting ready for everything. Anyway, we spent Christmas Eve at my parents. It was fun watching Maddie and Jonah play together. They chased each other around the house and mimicked one another.



I love Maddie's expression in this next picture.



Then we were off to Western Illinois on Christmas morning to spend time with Tim's side of the family. We had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. There were 6 grandchildren, all in ONE house! It was crazy at times but definitely fun. We were so thankful that Maddie slept well there. The last time we were there, she cried for a long time and wouldn't fall asleep so we left for home in the middle of the night. Thankfully, that didn't happen again. HALLELUJAH!

Then we celebrated my mother-in-law's 60th birthday the day after Christmas. We had brunch at their home and celebrated with her side of the family. We presented her with a scrapbook that everyone helped make. It was a special way to show her how much we all loved and appreciated her.





And here's one of the grandparents with all the grandkids. Man, it is so hard to get a picture of all the kids. One grandchild is missing from the photo... well two if you count the baby that's on the way. :o)

1 comment:

sharon yim said...

wow, great site, susie! love the pictures of your family...

... hope you are well!

-sharon yim (formerly lim) :)