
Ok, so most people who know me know that I absolutely love microwave popcorn. I love Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat free movie popcorn flavor and the 94% fat free kettle corn. I usually have a couple of bags per week. For those of you who are familiar with Weight Watchers, you know that each bag is only 2 points. Did you get that? The whole bag is only two points! And it is full of fiber, which is good for you and keeps you satisfied longer too.
So anyway, I am at home the other day, watching CNN and to my horror they have a short piece on how microwave popcorn is bad for you. It's not the act of microwaving the popcorn or even the artifical flavoring that is bad. It's the paper bag that it gets popped in. Apparently, DuPont makes the stuff that lines the inside of the popcorn bags. DuPont also is the creator of Teflon, which hasn't gotten a good rap lately either. I guess the stuff that lines the bags is supposed to help keep the popcorn from sticking? Not 100% sure on that though. Anyway, the stuff that lines the bag gets into the popcorn as it cooks. And according to some recent research, it has been proven to cause cancer in lab mice. Boo!!!!! It seems like everything is bad for you and everything causes cancer in lab mice. So annoying!
I guess it's hot air popped popcorn for me now. :o( But it still tastes good. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment